As usual, this update blocks a UDID check and beta timer. This means that you do not need to be a registered developer to use this beta and that you can use the beta for as long as you wish…
This jailbreak is tethered, meaning that you will have to re-jailbreak your device each time you restart. A new package called Semitethered was released recently which allows you to restart your iDevice without the use of a computer. However, there are some features that are disabled intermittently because of the tethered aspect.
Here is the change log for Sn0wbreeze v2.8b9:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running Sn0wBreeze
This jailbreak is untethered on the iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and tethered on all other iDevices. A jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 has not been released yet.
If you’re interested in downloading SnowBreeze, you can do so from our Downloads page.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.