Google has released its official app for the iPhone and iPad in the App Store. The app offers Gmail-specific features like notifications, messages threads, and Priority Inbox.
It was rumored that Google would launch a native Gmail app for iOS yesterday, and the app has now been made available for free in the App Store.
“We’ve combined your favorite features from the Gmail mobile web app and iOS into one app so you can be more productive on the go. It’s designed to be fast, efficient and take full advantage of the touchscreen and notification capabilities of your device. And it’s one more reason to switch to Gmail.”
- Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
- Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
- Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device’s address book
- Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
- On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
Download the universal app in the App Store and let us know what you think!