No less than a few minutes after I posted about TwitterTask, iDB viewers and readers were on it like white on rice.
I hereby stand corrected; TwitterTask isn’t the only way to send out native tweets from anywhere on a jailbroken iOS device.
That’s because Ryan Petrich’s iOS 5 compatibility update to Activator wasn’t just some minor change to make sure it worked on the new firmware; no, it includes quite a few new features; Twitter and Notification Center actions being among them…
As we reported, PreferenceLoader was the catalyst for many other jailbreak apps and tweaks being updated prior to iOS 5′s release. Once PreferenceLoader was updated, the proverbial floodgates were opened.
As the Changelog indicates, Activator 1.5.7 is a major update to the staple app. Its new features include the following:
- Support iOS 5.0 GM
- Add “Compose Tweet” and “Show Notification Center” actions on iOS5.0
- Add “Show Icon” option on the root settings pane
- Update localizations
- Store menu preferences alongside standard preferences
- Optimize sending activator:didChangeToEventMode: for improved performance
- Fixe SpringBoard eating single press home event if folder is open or icons are somehow in edit mode
- Support activating spotlight while a folder is open
If you’re on iOS 5, and you haven’t updated to the latest version of Activator, I highly advise you do so now.