This is a tethered jailbreak. A notable feature in this release is the abiltiity to install iOS 5 and skip the UDID developer check, meaning you don’t have to be a developer to install the iOS 5 beta (providing you have the firmware downloaded)…
Here’s the full change log:
- Now supports iOS 5 beta 5 (9A5228d).
- Added Hacktivation ability.
- Added option to remove UDID developer check/Beta Timer.
- Finally decided to fix Baseband preservation standalone mode.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty.
- Re-added afc2.
Supported Devices & Tethered?
- iPhone 3GS [Old bootrom] — NO
- iPhone 3GS [New bootrom] — YES
- iPhone 4 [GSM] — YES
- iPhone 4 [CDMA] — YES
- iPad 1G — YES
- iPod Touch 3G — YES
- iPod Touch 4 — YES
Although iOS 5 Beta 5 is fairly stable, we still would not recommend the use of beta software for your personal iDevices. If you have to Google search to learn how to install Apple beta software, you’re probably not intended to have access to the iOS 5 betas.
If you’re interested in downloading the latest version of Sn0wBreeze, you can find it in our downloads section.