iOS 4.2.1 has been released for a while now, and up until this weekend, there wasn’t a good and practical jailbreak for it. Sure RedSn0w did the trick but since it was a tethered jailbreak, it wasn’t very convenient.
Then came RedSn0w untethered jailbreak, which was better than its predecessor, but still wasn’t satisfying to most of us. Finally the Chronic Dev Team updated GreenPois0n, which brings a safe and reliable untethered jailbreak for iPhone iOS 4.2.1…
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1?
- Recommended method: GreenPois0n untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1
- Recommended if you want to preserve your baseband: PwnageTool jailbreak for iPhone 4.2.1
- A little less recommended: RedSn0w untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4.2.1
- Even less recommended: RedSn0w tethered jailbreak for iPhone iOS 4.2.1
- Verizon only: how to jailbreak the Verizon iPhone