So, what is blackra1n? blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak. Even the ipt3, but the ipt3 is tethered. In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n. As far as donations go, they are much appreciated, but not until after blackra1n works for you. I never ask for donations before the tool is released.
Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team’s offerings. Also blackra1n doesn’t hacktivate.
UPDATE: This post is outdated. There is now an easier way to jailbreak the iPhone. Click here for more info.
There are a few important things to note about BlackRa1n:
- BlackRa1n can jailbreak OS 3.1 and 3.1.2
- BlackRa1n is for Windows only so far. If you’re using Windows 7 , run BlackRa1n as an admin with “Windows XP Compatibility” mode by enabling it from the “Properties” tab
- BlackRa1n does not hacktivate your iPhone, which means you must be using an official carrier
- BlackRa1n does not unlock the iPhone
- iPhone 3G and 3GS users should not upgrade to 3.1.2 if they want to keep their unlock. You will have to wait for an updated version of PwnageTool if you want to unlock the latest OS.
- the iPod Touch 3G is supported but it is a tethered jailbreak which means you’ll have to use BlackRa1n everytime you want to boot your iTouch
This is the RC1 of BlackRa1n and it is still a little buggy so be careful.
I think it’s worth highlighting again that if you want to keep your unlock, you should NOT update to 3.1.2. Simply wait for the Dev Team to update PwnageTool.
You can download BlackRa1n from the website or from our downloads section. I will be writing wrote a BlackRa1n tutorial. Check it out for more information on how to use BlackRa1n: BlackRa1n jailbreak guide & tutorial.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.