This guide will show you how to use QuickPwn 2.2 to jailbreak and/or unlock your iPhone 2G. This tutorial is for PC users but I assume the steps are the same on a Mac. This tutorial is NOT for iPhone 3G. If you’re only interested in jailbreaking your iPhone (not unlockink), please may read my QuickPwn 2.2 guide.
IMPORTANT: READ EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS POST BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE
Note that the comments are closed. If you have any question about the unlocking process, please ask in the forum.
Before doing anything, I suggest you read this important message from the Dev Team.
Click here to download the MobileInstallation patch for 2.2
Note that you are pwning your iPhone at your own risk… Success is not guaranteed!
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of iTunes. Update or restore your iPhone to firmware 2.2 using iTunes. Restoring is the preferred way to do it as it won’t waste space on your iPhone. Plug your iPhone and make sure iTunes has detected it. If you’re iPhone is already jailbroken, you may want to remove all the apps that you have downloaded from Cydia. Certain applications such as Winterboard, Categories and more cause trouble. You will be able to reinstall them later.
- Create a folder called “QuickPwn” on your desktop. Download your appropriate iPhone 2.2 firmware from here. Also download the QuickPwn 2.2 from here, the bootloader files BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 from here too. Place these files in the newly created QuickPwn folder on your desktop.
- Extract QuickPwn zipped file.
- Launch QuickPwn and select your iPhone version.
- You will be asked to select your iPhone firmware. Select the firmware you downloaded in Step 1.
- If the firmware you selected is valid, QuickPwn will show a green checkmark. Click Continue.
- You will then have the opportunity to select Cydia, Installer, custom boot logos and “unlock iPhone”. You have to select Cydia and “unlock iPhone”. You may also choose to install Installer. Click Next.
- You will now be asked to select your bootloader files. Click the Browse button and select the 3.9 bootloader from the Pwnage folder on your desktop. Likewise do the same thing for the 4.6 bootloader file. Then click the blue arrow button to continue.
- QuickPwn will now ask you to confirm that your iPhone is connected. Click the blue arrow to continue.
- QuickPwn will now automatically put your iPhone into recovery mode. Once its in recovery mode you will be prompted to: Hold the Home button for 5 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Power button and continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode. Watch the prompts carefully and follow along.
- Once QuickPwn detects your iPhone in DFU mode, it will start the jailbreak process.
- Finally, QuickPwn will let you know that pwnage process was completed successfully.
[digg-me]Let us know how it goes!