BigBoss wrote a post tonight about 2 questions he’s often asked:
- How do I recover the Poof icon if I hid it?
- How do I recover my missing icons after restoring my iPhone?
Here are the solutions that BigBoss recommends
- If you have Cydia, install Quickgold and Poof to unhide the icons
- Install SBSettings and unhide any apps that are hidden
- Launch the Settings app and disable/reenable restrictions. Doing this should unhide all the hidden apps
- If Cydia is hidden, you can use Apt-get and install Quickgold from the SSH prompt
- Worst case scenario, if nothing works, you can use iPhoneBrowser and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone
Full credit goes to BigBoss. This post was highly inspired from his recent post.