There are several reasons why you would want to transfer or copy the files that are on your iPhone to your computer:
- create a backup of your music
- transfer your iPhone music to a new computer
- copy some of your files on your sister’s computer
How to transfer your files such as music, videos and photos from your iPhone to a PC or Mac?
While you technically could SSH into your iPhone and get to the music folder and copy that to your computer, it would create a real mess. By that I mean that the transfered file would not look like “Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit”. Now, it would look more like “F009245″, which would be pretty useless to you as you wouldn’t be able to recognize what the files are.
There is an easy solution but let me tell you right now, you’re gonna have to pay for it. Yes, I know…
The easy way to copy your music from iPhone to PC is to buy an iPhone to PC transfer or iPhone to Mac transfer software. This software costs about $30 and it is really a sound of blessing for frustrated iTunes users like me who can’t use iTunes to copy/transfer files from the iPhone to the computer.
I used to use Lenogo iPod to PC Transfer for my iPod and I loved this software. When I switched to the iPhone over a year ago, I downloaded Lenogo iPhone to PC transfer right away as it is one of the best tools out there; and it is clearly the best for copying from iPhone to computer.
How does it work? Pretty freaking simple!
2. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch Lenogo iPhone to PC Transfer
3. It may take a few seconds for your iPhone to connect to your PC or Mac, so wait until the connection has been completed. Click “Query” button to query the iPhone music database.
4. Select the songs you want to copy and click the “Copy” button, and Lenogo will start working!
It is that easy!