Interesting finding over at hackint0sh… One smart user found a way to take his iPhone 3G apart, using a suction cup.
Here is how it works:
- Remove the two screws on either side of the charging port
- Apply a suction cup, to the glass screen. Try to mount it right below the home button.
- Pull the suction cup toward you and the screen should come out (bottom first)
- You will see 3 cables running from the top right corner of the screen to the main board of the phone. 3 cables are numbered 1, 2, and 3. Remove the cables in that order.
- Once the three cables are detached, the entire LCD unit is now separate from the main board.
This can be a handy trick, should you want to fix light leak for example, as this user did. No need to say that your iPhone warranty will be voided in a heartbeat…