I told you yesterday that the Dev Team had release QuickPwn, as a beta version. Well, “poorlad” has stepped up and created a GUI version of QuickPwn (available in the iPhone Downloads section) based on the Dev Team’s Windows release.
As for me, I’m still on 2.0. Yep, I haven’t updated yet. 2.0 is slow and buggy but I hate spending hours jailbreaking my phone. Even though the jailbreaking process is quick and easy, it always takes me forever to set my iPhone to its past settings after restoring.
So, how to use QuickPwn? This is your QuickPwn Guide!
- Download QuickPwn and QuickPwn GUI and extract them in the same folder.
- Open iTunes and connect your phone. Make sure iTunes recognizes your phone. Leave your phone plugged in and let iTunes run.
- Download the proper firmware image; either 2.0.1 3G or 2.0.1 2G. Save this firmware image in the same folder as the quickpwn.exe file you extracted in step 1.
- Launch QuickPwn GUI.
- Select your device and hit next.
- Click “Browse”. Go to the folder where you saved your firmware image and select your firmware. You should get a check mark, meaning all is good. Click Next
- On the next screen, you are asked to choose Cydia and/or Installer. My recommendation is to just select Cydia as Installer is stii very buggy. Click Next
- You will get a message saying you are ready to launch the Pwnage process. Click “Go”.
- You will see some crazy codes go by on your screen. Then you will be asked to turn off your phone and press enter when you have done so.
- Per the directions on your screen, turn off your phone by holding power, sliding to power off, and waiting for it to power off. Do not disconnect the phone from your PC! If you do, you must start over.
- Put your phone into DFU Mode. If you don’t know how to do this, look at this DFU guide. Or else, go to YouTube and see how it’s done. It sometimes takes multiple attempts to get into DFU mode. And, if you fail to get into DFU mode, the app quits and you must start over at step 8. When you are in DFU mode, the app should automatically take over and you will see the progress of the Pwnage on your screen.
Optional 2G phone only. If you need to unlock your phone, install bootneuter from Cydia and run it! Select “neuter, unlock, do not change bootloader settings, and then flash!”.